Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Internal Number: R-053037
Franciscan Health Lafayette East Campus
1701 South Creasy Lane Lafayette, Indiana 47905
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Palliative Care (Internal or Family Medicine) physician to join our team located at Franciscan Health Palliative Care Lafayette in Lafayette, IN. Physician will join a strong team of five Nurse Practitioners, one Physician, onsite chaplain and a social worker. Palliative Medicine represents our Franciscan Value of Respect for Life and embodies our mission and vision.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate will have a strong focus on clinical excellence and providing compassionate patient care. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills with a desire to develop strong ties with the community and build long-lasting relationships with colleagues. Physician and Advanced Practice Providers will need to work collaboratively to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of patient care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
For all health care services at Franciscan Physician Network, we follow the Ethical and Religious Directives, while caring for our patient population.
- Flexible full-time schedule: Monday - Friday
- No weekends or holidays
- Average inpatient volume: up to 25 patients per day for the Palliative Care team
- Current physician has 20+ years' experience in Palliative Medicine and will serve as a strong mentor
- Physicians share call and act as backup for Nurse Practitioner for nights and weekends
- Physicians are only on backup call, not primary call and call volume is extremely low (on average 1 call per month)
- Additional training such as a short immersive course and appropriate CME in Palliative Care provided upon hire
- National Catholic Bioethics certification provided
- Collegial team of specialists
- Onsite chaplain and social worker
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health's hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 14 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Lafayette is a multi-faceted town which encompasses a vibrant college scene, a beautiful natural landscape and a lively urban center. Across the Wabash River in West Lafayette, Purdue University draws a diverse young student population to the city. A walking tour of downtown Lafayette reveals a historic core of Victorian architecture, unique shops, and public art.
- Doctorate Required
- Physician License (DR) - Upon Hire Required
- Board Certification in Specialty Discipline (or eligibility if appropriate) - Upon Hire Required
- Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association Upon Hire Required
Never or Rarely
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.