Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0020224
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full-time board certified/eligible Pediatric Palliative Care Physician at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank on the academic track to join our Pediatric Advanced and Complex Care Team (PACCT). Our system-wide palliative care program is recognized nationally as a leader in the field.
- This position will include clinical duties working at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital including in-patient consultative services out-patient clinics. This physician will also have the opportunity to work in the community in our health system's Medicare-certified pediatric hospice and home care program.
- The provider will join an established program with opportunities for continued program development.
- Additional responsibilities will include participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, clinical practice through UMPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher and participate in faculty development activities
- Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidate's area of specialty/research experience with the goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research or quality improvement initiatives.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and cultivate an academic environment for medical students, residents, and faculty.
About the Department:
The Department of Pediatrics is a large academic department with over 100 full-time faculty and ranks in the top 10 nationally in NIH funding.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Pediatric Palliative Care fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified in Pediatrics & Pediatric Palliative Care
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to work in the United States.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.