Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Everett Clinic is looking for a hematologist-oncologist or a medical oncologist to join our exceptional oncology team at the Providence Regional Cancer Partnership in Everett, WA.
This is a full-time position defined as four days a week in the outpatient clinic setting.
Here are the highlights of this excellent opportunity:
- The region and community
- Variable and exciting patient mix in the fasting developing, vibrant, and highly sought-after suburban area, just half an hour north of metro Seattle and 1.5 hours south of Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Close proximity to major metropolitan areas without the crowds or traffic
- Fantastic outdoor activities in the unparalleled beauty of the nearby lakes, and National Parks
- Great school districts and ideal for raising a family
- The oncology care program
- Comprehensive cancer care program, COC credited. ASCO QOPI certified
- Ranked top in WA State and nationwide as a high value, high quality cancer care program
- Fully integrated surgical oncology, radiation oncology, integrative medicine, naturopathic oncology, psychology, patient support/social worker, nutritionist service -- all under one roof!
- Active research program, opportunities to be PI or sub-PI of clinical trials
- Dedicated tumor board meetings for multiple cancer types (GI/GU, liver cancer, breast, lung, neuro-oncology, hematologic malignancies)
- Cutting edge technology and diagnostics with onsite PET scan offering PSMA PET, FES PET, and all the conventional PET/CT scans
- Inpatient hospitalists and IR support at the next-door Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett
- Excellent and designated inpatient oncology floor, capable of inpatient induction chemotherapy for AML, ALL, aggressive lymphomas
- Close working relationship with university and academic centers
- The Oncology/Hematology Practice
- General oncology practice, working with nine other oncologists and 4 mid-level practitioners, with the potential to develop your own special interest in specific areas of oncology and hematology
- Faculty position of the Washington State University Medical College Residency program, precepting residents and medical students
- One week out of every 10, week-long call, rounding only at one hospital during the call week
- Built in Primary Care referral bases with multiple referral sources from the community
- Team RN care coordinator and scheduler, as well as robust financial authorization department
- Full infusion service including conventional chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and oral chemo dispensary
- Survivorship and palliative care programs
- EPIC EMR system with BEACON
We offer market competitive compensation with comprehensive benefit package including malpractice, Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K with match, and more!
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A degree in medicine from an accredited medical school
- Successful completion of Residency/Fellowship at an accredited program
- Unrestricted Washington Physician (MD/DO) License.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible for medical oncology or hematology and oncology
- Experience in Leukemia
- New graduates and those early in their careers are especially encouraged to apply
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Washington Residents Only: The salary range for Washington residents is $344,700 to $559,400. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.