Guthrie Medical Group Seeks a Hematologist/Oncologist to Join Oncology Team at our Guthrie Sayre Cancer Center
Highlights of the Position
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers certified, anticipating Quality Oncology Practice Initiative certification application in the near future
- Integrated clinical trials capabilities currently running almost 30 clinical trials in oncology, including Alliance and pending NRG membership.
- Interventional radiology service line, including ablation and TACE capabilities
- BEACON with integrated VIA Pathways
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including the operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Full-time Palliative Care consultation service
- Members of the Mayo Clinic network with full access to consultative services there, including hematology/oncology, pathology, and radiology for electronic second opinions
- Embedded pharmacy with dedicated oncology pharmacist
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificates, and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study (includes ten weekdays and two weekends)
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, and membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has six residency programs. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities are available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated onboarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high-quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated healthcare delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Email, call, or text Kerry Hitchcock, Physician, and APP Recruiter, at Guthrie Medical Group to start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie. email@example.com or call at 607.725.8308(cell).
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
Located on the Pennsylvania and New York border, Sayre is part of the larger community known as the Penn-York Valley or simply "The Valley." The other communities comprise Athens, PA, South Waverly, PA, and Waverly, NY. The combined population of these communities is 35,000. The Valley offers scenic countryside and rural living with easy access to larger areas such as Corning, NY, Ithaca, NY, and Binghamton, NY. I-86 is only minutes away and offers a direct route to Elmira and Binghamton, NY airports.