Atlantic Health System has an opportunity for a Secretary/Technician in the Hospice Unit at our Morristown Medical Center location. This is a full-time position working the evening shift (3-11pm) and every other weekend.
* Assists nurses and providers with Epic documentation.
* Documents efficiently and accurately in EPIC.
* Greets all visitors and staff with a smile and a sincere interest in helping them.
* Confidently answers all phone calls with a smile and excellent phone etiquette.
* Expedites service needs on behalf of the patient to the appropriate source.
* Collaborates effectively with all the team members and other departments to ensure a smoothly running unit and efficiently coordination of services.
* Assisting nursing personnel in patient care activities, conducting hourly rounding, performs patients rounding, v/s, oral hygiene, bathing, repositioning and prn hygiene for patients, empties drains, and records intake and output.
* Maintains unit tidiness, stocking of PPE boxes, Flu stations, ensures supply of antibacterial and bleach wipes are present at each station.
* Review charts EPIC orders and ensuring orders are entered appropriately, answering phones promptly with excellent phone etiquette and completing all other unit re duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Word, Excel
- Prior administrative and/or patient care experience in health care
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word and Excel required. Epic preferred
- Clinical Skills: Phlebotomy, EKG, glucometer and BLS certification preferred
- Strong Communication skills
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.
Please See Above