Welcome to the Continuing Care Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢ A 120 bed skilled nursing facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢ A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
Plans, organizes, and implements social work services for patients and families. Coordinates discharge planning services.
1. Maintains established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs and safety
2. Interviewâ��s inpatients, outpatients, and family members to obtain information about home environment, family
relationships, health history, and patientâ��s personality traits.
3. Evaluates data gathered in terms of medical plan of treatment and available social service programs; plans of
pertinent therapy program that will be provided each patient with maximum benefit.
4. Assist patient, family, and staff in implementing treatment plan.
5. Utilizes resources to help patient resume life in the community or learn to live with the disability.
6. Interprets nature of illness and prescribed course of treatment to patients and families. Assists patients and families
to understand, accept, and follow medical recommendations. Communicates family issues to other staff members.
7. Participates in planning conferences.
8. Assists in developing and implementing discharge plans.
9. Collaborates with other community agencies with which patients and families are involved.
10. Prepares and maintains required documentation on each case.
11. Seeks supervisorâ��s consultation when barriers to plan of treatment arise.
12. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings, and workshops.
13. Attends required number of departmental meetings per year.
14. Demonstrates competence in the care of neonatal, infant, adolescent, adult, geriatric, and pediatric patients (when/if
assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patientâ��s age-related and other physical, psychological and
cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities.
â�¢ Prolonged and extensive walking, standing.
â�¢ Lift supplies/equipment
â�¢ Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
â�¢ Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
â�¢ May be exposed to body fluids and wastes.
â�¢ May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
â�¢ HIgh School diploms or equivalent required
â�¢ Bachelorâ��s Preferred
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.