Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Call is required - must be able to get to facility within 30 minutes.
The start time varies pending OR scheduling. Must be able to be flexible with scheduling
The perianesthesia nurse applies the nursing process to each patient and uses clinical judgement and critical thinking to determine nurse to patient ratios, patient mix and staffing mix that reflect patient acuity and nursing interventions.
1. Prepare and advise patient prior to surgical procedure by reviewing the patientsâ�� history, medication, allergies, and other necessary information which may affect the scheduled procedure, as well as providing a brief overview of the treatments the patient is going to receive and possible outcomes.
2. Focuses on the validation of existing information and completion of preparation of the patient on the day-of-surgery by continuing to assess the patient and developing a plan of care designed to meet the physical, psychological, educational, sociocultural and spiritual needs of the patient/family/significant other.
3. Knowledge in principles of perianesthesia nursing practice. Able to collect, interpret, record and communicate pertinent data during the post-anesthesia phase of the patient experience.
4. Care of the surgical patient immediately post-operative and while the patient is still under the influence of the anesthetic, with awareness and ability to be fully prepared for any possible outcome.
5. Continues the ongoing assessment and documentation components to provide comprehensive care of the patient
6. Provide discharge assessment and management through data collection and documentation of patient status for discharge.
7. Develop discharge criteria, in consultation with the anesthesia provider, using the assessment parameters approved by anesthesia and the medical staff.
â�¢ Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
â�¢ Prolonged standing/walking
â�¢ Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment
â�¢ Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching
â�¢ Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
â�¢ May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
â�¢ Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases
â�¢ Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements
â�¢ Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
â�¢ Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
â�¢ BSN preferred
â�¢ Current California Registered Nurse License
â�¢ Minimum of 1 years ICU experience preferred
â�¢ Current BLS Certification
â�¢ ACLS required within 6 months of hire
â�¢ PALS required within 6 months of hire
Job: Surgical Services
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.