HouseKeeper Full Time Days CCC Hi Desert Medical Center
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Key Result Areas
â�¢ The employee demonstrates accuracy, and reliability , and assumes responsibility for the qualify fo work performed.
â�¢ Follows district rules and regulations maintaining appropriate licensure, certifiation, and authorization required for employment.
â�¢ Follows all infection control regulations and uses standard precautions appropriately.
â�¢ Uses proper body mechanics and safety equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner.
â�¢ Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations. Is knowledgeable about hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area.
â�¢ Reports safety hazards and injuries immediately to supervisor.
â�¢ The employee workes independentaly and requests assistance/direction when needed.
â�¢ Assumes responsibility for a clear and orderly work area.
â�¢ Dresses appropriately for work assignment as per dress code.
â�¢ The employee makes good use of time and resources, and completes work assignments.
â�¢ Appropriately and consistently uses the time keeping system and completes corrections in a timely manner.
â�¢ Performs work in a cost efficient method. Uses district resources appropriately.
â�¢ Meets or exceeds district rules on attendance and tardiness.
â�¢ The employee meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
â�¢ The employee pursues appropriate training opportunities to lean job related skills, policies and procedures.
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, hallways, and other assigned areas of the hospital.
1. Dusts furniture, woodwork, and equipment and dust mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms.
2. Operates vacuums.
3. Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways and public areas.
4. Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using the vacuum machines.
5. Cleans fixtures, tops or windows, door frames and high areas using a ladder.
6. Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials.
7. Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
8. Removes waste, soiled linens and Biowaste from work area and places in specific bags or containers.
9. Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares rooms for new occupant; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
10. Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors, and walls of bathrooms.
11. Employee wears ID badge while at work.
12. Adheres to assigned breaks and lunch times.
13. Cleans patient rooms following the seven (7) step procedures.
14. Follows designated Duty list.
15. Checks E-Mail daily for additional assigned tasks.
16. Log into computers to check in and out of cleaning rooms.
â�¢ Prolonged and extensive walking, standing
â�¢ Lift supplies/equipment
â�¢ Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
â�¢ Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
â�¢ Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
â�¢ Works in precarious or high locations
â�¢ Handling Bio Waste
Required: High School graduate, GED with ability to read, write and understand the English language.
Required: 2 years work in environmentalservices in lieu of education. Prior cleaning experience. 2 years of experience in hospitality or healthcare setting. May substitute domestic experience.
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.