Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
1. Knowledge of HDMC policy/procedure, nursing certification requirements for own and others positions. Performs own job duties and ensures that the supervised staff perform their duties within legal and professional regulations and guidelines. Ensures that self and those supervised apply nursing principles, techniques and practices according to HDMC policies and procedures. Leads by example to promote excellence in resident care. Models professional demeanor and acts as a mentor.
2. Knowledge of Residents Bill of Rights and Elder Abuse reporting regulations. Observes Residents Bill of Rights and Reports incidents of elder abuse, if indicated. Ensures supervised staff also is aware of and follow these regulations.
3. Arrives and leaves work timely. Follows HDMC Human Resources policies, especially regarding dressing code, call off policy, breaks, lateness and sleeping while on duty.
4. Ensures staffing for own shift and the following are adequate and appropriate according to set staffing guidelines. Contacts other nursing departments before calling in or calling off department staff. Appropriately and fairly sets staff assignments for their shift, and the following shift. Ensures staff workload is reasonable and as equally divided as possible.
5. Functions as the primary resource at the assigned unit, manages patient flow, residentsâ�� complaints, employee concerns, and is the primary contact for all physicians within the facility.
6. Answers facility phone calls timely, responds to call lights via the call light system and delegates when appropriate.
7. Demonstrates ability to delegate and achieve results through others.
8. Demonstrates understanding of and ensures compliance with all State and Federal requirements.
9. Assumes leadership role for daily operations and takes appropriate action.
10. Rounds on residents, nursing staff, and families daily to ensure good outcomes.
11. Supervises nursing staff, assists with hiring, education and disciplinary action of nursing staff.
12. Assists with writing and revising, and ensures staff understanding and compliance with policies, procedures and standards.
13. Demonstrates the ability to coordinate response to emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
14. Understands and demonstrates ability to work within the departmental budget.
15. Ensures staff schedule is accurate and timely, and checks staffing needs daily to provide that minimum ppd hour are met.
16. Meets regularly with the medical director and other staff physicians to ensure proper communication is maintained.
17. Ensures that communication with the Acute Hospital is accurate and cooperative.
18. Functions as a floor nurse, and/or certified nursing assistant when the facility needs so warrant.
19. Completes all daily, weekly, and monthly assignments as assigned.
20. Completes other duties as assigned.
21. Meets at least weekly with the DON.
Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
Manual dexterity and mobility
Lifts, positions and/or transfers Residents
Occasional prolonged standing/walking.
Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment
Contact with residents/patients under a wide variety of circumstances
May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
Regularly exposed to the risk of bold borne diseases
Qualifications - External
Current California Registered Nurse License (RN)
2 years experience as an RN/LVN
Previous Subacute/ventilator experience preferred
Job: Rehab/Long Term Accute Care/Skilled
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.