The Hospice Education Coordinator is a professional, registered nurse responsible for the staff education activities of the organization. The Education Coordinator collaborates with the Clinical Director, Director of Performance Improvement and the Clinical Supervisors to provide a process to promote and ensure employee orientation, competency and in-service education programs. Hospice education for orientation and ongoing staff development is the primary focus of this position.
· Minimum of three (3) to five (5) year's experience in nursing.
· Experience in hospice care preferred.
· Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
· Understands staff education, competency and regulations.
· One (1) year of experience in adult education-training, human resources, related field preferred.
Education and Training:
· An Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required. A Bachelor’s Degree or MSN in Nursing preferred.
License, Certification & Registration:
· Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
· Current Massachusetts licensure: Registered Nurse
· Valid driver’s license
· Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Certification preferred
· Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
· Familiarity with hospice practices, regulations, policies, operations, and health care compliance issues.
· Self-directed and capable of working with minimal supervision.
· Ability to be organized and detail oriented.
· Moderate proficiency with computer programs, such as word processing, data entry and report generation.
Internal Number: 05282021
About HospiceCare in The Berkshires
We are proud to be an affiliate of Berkshire Healthcare Systems, a midsize healthcare, senior care, and senior living company. We are a leader among non-profit, post-acute care providers in Massachusetts. Large enough to have all of the senior services you need, yet small enough to care with that personal touch that makes all the difference. We own or operate 14 rehabilitation and skilled nursing facilities in Massachusetts, Kimball Farms, a lifecare, continuing care retirement community in Lenox, Massachusetts, Linda Manor Assisted Living in Leeds, and HospiceCare in the Berkshires & Pioneer Valley Hospice and Palliative Care for those with life limiting illnesses.