Location Address: 480 W. Central Parkway, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Hospice Care
AdventHealth Hospice Care is the only not-for-profit, faith-based, Hospice provider in the Greater Orlando Area
We are part of the largest healthcare system in the area, AdventHealth
For almost 30 years, we have provided compassionate care to patients and families during their time of need
We are a growing organization looking for special talent to come and grow with us
Besides offering world-class entertainment at the theme parks, the Central Florida area boasts many other entertainment options, such as state parks, nearby beaches, restaurants, performing arts, and professional sports
Full Time Day Shift
10am - 630pm, must be able to work every other weekend.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Provides telephonic support to patient referral sources to initiate patient admission.
1. Initiates a patient record and documents information received regarding patientâ™s demographic information, condition, referral source, location, and other pertinent data in electronic medical record and in log.
2. Dispatches an Admissions Nurse or Hospital Liaison Nurse to assess the patient and begin the admission process and development of plan of care. Updates and checks nurse scheduler frequently to ensure that appropriate appointments are being scheduled.
3. Communicates by telephone and electronically information to and from nurse regarding the patient and updates patient records to incorporate new information. Orders special equipment or supplies as requested by the Admissions Nurse or Hospital Liaison Nurse.
4. As needed, requests the RN on duty to obtain the physicianâ™s orders for hospice service referral for patientâ™s that do not have a physician order and documents
5. Communicates to Patient Care Managers â“ Teams, triage and account representatives of new referral and requests assignment to team. Documents team assignment in patient records.
What You Will Need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made when requested, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and Training: High School diploma or GED required. Associateâ™s degree (A.A.), preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted at the discretion of the Administrator.
B. Experience: Minimum of 3 years of administrative or clerical experience. Healthcare experience, call center experience or related is preferred.
C. Certificates and Licenses Required: No certification or license is required.
The Referral Specialist is responsible for responding to each telephone call regarding a patient referral for hospice services to Hospice of the Comforter by acquiring the demographic information, populating the patient records and scheduling the Admissions Nurse or Hospital Liaison Nurse to visit the patient
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.