Is responsible for all clerical work and billing for Home Health and Hospice Departments. Compiles and reports statistical data. Supervises office volunteers and clerical staff.
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Performs and/or delegates secretarial duties, such as the typing of all reports, policies and procedures and interdepartmental communications. Completes various agency forms, records and reports.
3. Maintains and/or supervises maintenance of all patient medical files.
4. Maintains and/or supervises maintenance of department records, reports and files as required.
5. Submits or supervises submission of required medical information to physicians and follows up to ensure information is returned in a timely manner.
6. Processes or delegates processing employee/client visit sheets on a weekly basis.
7. Reports statistics to Director.
8. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
9. Attends required departmental meetings.
10. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops.
11. Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of all cultural and age groups, predominantly the geriatric and dying patients and families.
12. Bills all insurances as needed by the department, acts as a backup biller when contracted billing services are unavailable.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education : ï¿½ Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training.
Minimum Experience: ï¿½ 6 months to 1 year experience as full-charge bookkeeper using accounting system ï¿½ At least one year of experience as a healthcare insurance biller
Skills: ï¿½ Ability to delegate and supervise
Skills: Machine: ï¿½ Adding Machine ï¿½ Calculator ï¿½ Personal Computer
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Home Health & Hospice
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005001008
About Hi-Desert Home Health & Hospice
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.