Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youï¿½ll benefit from:
ï¿½A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home ï¿½A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs ï¿½A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
At the direction of assigned Nursing Director, the Clinical Coordinator, RN, coordinates all patient care activities for defined clinical unit during designated shift, participates in the provision of quality patient care, cost-effective operations. Assists with administrative tasks such as scheduling, timekeeping and helps to develop unit goals, participates in evaluating, coaching and disciplining department staff as warranted. Participates in assigned meetings as needed and provides coverage for Director when requested. The Clinical Coordinator will come in during all shifts as required to provide training or work with staff.
1. Assists the Director with employee evaluations and performance management. Utilizes observation techniques, chart review, and patient interviews to evaluate staff nurse performance and quality of patient care delivered. Assists employees to improve/maintain performance by establishing goals with measurable performance outcomes, action plans, and time frames.
2. Assists the Director in developing unit goals and plans for evaluating and achieving those initiatives.
3. Makes shift patient care assignments and provides direction to other members of patient care team to coordinate all aspects of a nursing unit/department for assigned shift(s). Assesses effectiveness of directions given and problem solves issues regarding patient care.
4. Provides direct patient care when needed, evaluates outcomes, timely consults with other care providers as warranted and adjusts nursing care interventions appropriately to ensure optimal patient care, including placement of patients at the proper level of care.
5. Ensures schedules are completed timely and balanced with minimum core staff levels and skill mix to cover patient care needs acting as staffing/department management resource as needed.
6. Participates in planning staff education and in-service related to staff or patient needs; new technology or products; quality and performance improvement opportunities with follow-up evaluations/assessment of program effectiveness. Training presentations are documented and individual staff education records are maintained.
7. Performs Kronos timekeeping data entry and monitoring. Meets Payroll deadlines.
8. Demonstrates responsibility for cost containment, conservation of supplies and equipment, as well as other organizational resources providing input to Department Director on budgeting matters.
9. Demonstrates flexibility in the work setting with changing patient assignments, varying staff levels and patient care environments and completes work on time.
10. Assess quality of nursing care on the units and implements necessary change to promote excellence in practice. Assists in organization and follow-up on CQI projects and preparation for Joint Commission.
11. Coordination of new hire process, education, competency verification, development of staff.
12. Maintains current competencies and skill levels required for work/specialty areas.
13. Participates on committees, special projects, and teaching presentations as agreed with Director.
14. Identifies patients at risk for abuse as well as associated signs and symptoms and understands mandatory reporting requirements for healthcare professionals. Works to provide a safe, therapeutic environment for patients and families.
15. Ensures patient safety by assessing and proactively implementing safety measures with specific consideration of patientï¿½s functional and developmental age.
16. Documents in a clear, complete, legible, organized and timely manner, demonstrating skill in the nursing process and critical thinking. Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
17. Identifies and communicates problems regarding ethical issues that may surface between professionals and patients. Demonstrates respect for patient rights. Works collaboratively with physicians to resolve patient care issues.
18. Performs efficiently in crisis and emergency situations, following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons and documenting events. Develops others to do the same.
19. Other appropriate duties as assigned.
ï¿½ Current California RN license. Current BLS Certification. ACLS required. Other Certifications as required per assigned unit, (i.e., NRP, PALS, MICN)
ï¿½ Bachelors degree preferred
ï¿½ Minimum 3 year experience in an acute care setting within area of clinical expertise.
ï¿½ Recent supervisory/management experience in an acute care setting preferred
ï¿½ Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Age-Specific Care Requirements: Knowledge and understanding of differences in care requirements for the area assigned
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905023524
About Hi-Desert Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.