Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Key Result Areas 1. Quality: â�¢ The employee demonstrates accuracy, and reliability , and assumes responsibility for the qualify fo work performed. â�¢ Follows district rules and regulations maintaining appropriate licensure, certifiation, and authorization required for employment. â�¢ Follows all infection control regulations and uses standard precautions appropriately. â�¢ Uses proper body mechanics and safety equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner. â�¢ Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations. Is knowledgeable about hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area. â�¢ Reports safety hazards and injuries immediately to supervisor.
2. People: â�¢ The employee workes independentaly and requests assistance/direction when needed. â�¢ Assumes responsibility for a clear and orderly work area. â�¢ Dresses appropriately for work assignment as per dress code.
3. Economics: â�¢ The employee makes good use of time and resources, and completes work assignments. â�¢ Appropriately and consistently uses the time keeping system and completes corrections in a timely manner. â�¢ Performs work in a cost efficient method. Uses district resources appropriately. â�¢ Meets or exceeds district rules on attendance and tardiness.
4. Service: â�¢ The employee meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
5. Innovation: â�¢ The employee pursues appropriate training opportunities to lean job related skills, policies and procedures.
POSITION SUMMARY: â�¢ Oversight of daily enviornmental services, laundry and linen operations. Support good customer services practices with all customers. Trains staff to meet JCHAO requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES: 1. Oversight of daily departmental operations. Reports to the Director of Service Excellence. â�¢ Schedules interviews for employees to provide adequate staffing for district needs â�¢ Interviews, hires, terminates â�¢ Daily productivity reporting
2. Responsible for orientation and training of all new staff. â�¢ Assures all new employees are trained according to hospital standards.
3. Works with department directors to meet departmental needs as well as special assignments.
4. Provides good customer service to all customers.
5. Increases HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Provders and Systems) Hospital Enviornment domain patient satisfaction scores to meet and exceed VBP (Value-Based Purchasing) Consistently.
6. Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
7. Develops productivity standards for all areas.
8. Responsible for coverage of district buildings. If no coverage is available; required to cover assignments as a working manager.
9. Directs the activities for housekeeping, and related sections. To include employee selection, scheduling, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action.
10. Assist in the planning, organizing, coordinating, and supervising the functions and activities of the Enviornmental Services to maintain the District in a sanitary, attractive, and orderly condition while in compliance with regulaory requirements by developing and applying the standards of quality and producation.
11. Coordinate closeley with an outside laundry facility to inure delivery of ample clean, serviceable linen in a cost efficient manner. Review linen usage statistics and maintain loss and cost controls.
12. Promote and assure customer satisfaction throughout the facility and community.
13. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
14. Partifipate in the Performance Improvement Program.
15. Assist with direct in-service training programs to promote competency, safety, and effectiveness.
16. Maintain equipment and supply inventories as required.
17. Assist eith the development of operating budgets; manages operations within those allocated funds and authorized FTEs.
18. Assists in the development and maintaining of department policies, procedures and quality assurance records as required.
19. Insure adherence to all applicable safety and infection control guidelines of the medical center, applicable federal, state, and local regulation/standatds and JCHAO requirements.
20. Attends meetings as requried and participates in all required Committees.
21. Maintains proficiency and competency in Housekeeping, Linen and related service areas.
22. Manages the storage and disposal of Bio Hazardous waste.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS Physical Demands: â�¢ Prolonged and extensive walking, standing â�¢ Lift supplies/equipment (lift/carr up to 50 pounds) â�¢ Moderate physical effort â�¢ Occasional reaching, stooping, and bending, kneeling and crouching
Working Conditions: â�¢ Handles emergency or crisis situations â�¢ Subject to long, irregular hours which may include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays â�¢ Subject to many interruptions â�¢ Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.