Providence is calling a Social Worker (MSW) (Palliative Care, Day Shift, Fulltime/Exempt) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide services to inpatients of PSMMC but services may also extend to outpatient and community services.
- Enable patients and their families to recover or maintain optimal levels of physical, mental, and psychosocial well being.
- Use your exceptional communication skills to help patients and families deal with the impact of illness, extended care placement, or end-of-life planning.
- Provide psychosocial assessment, counseling, and discharge planning for long term care.
- Implement social work treatment plans and documentation consistent with insurance guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the patient-care team to ensure successful care management.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Counseling from an accredited school
- Active license in Washington State under new counseling guidelines
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Obtain Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LISCW) within one (1) year of hire
- Obtain Hospice and Palliative Certification within two (2) years of hire (program assistance/access is offered through Providence)
- Obtain Advance Care Planning Certification through Providence Health & Services (First Steps) within one (1) year of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior social work experience and/or discharge planning in a hospital, hospice or palliative care setting
- Current Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LISCW)
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 146485