Providence is calling a Director of Hospice to Hospice of Seattle.
In this position you will:
- Oversee all services provided by Hospice including quality and coordination of care as delivered by qualified interdisciplinary field personnel to patients/families requiring Hospice Services.
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws, and regulations as well as facility/agency specific policies and procedures.
- Participate in developing, planning and implementing agency programs reflecting agency's philosophy, mission and principles of practice and goals.
- Participate in the development and coordination of the strategic growth plan, including monitoring operating budgets, formulating long-range plans and business plans as appropriate for new services. Ensures that the services provide optimal care at the lowest necessary cost and within budget.
- Participate in relevant educational activities and in community education to promote public awareness of agency programs, health and industry issues.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Master's Degree in Social Work required. Master's degree in another healthcare field with a strong background in hospice may be considered.
- Current appropriate licensure in the state of Washington if applicable
- Three to five years experience as a Hospice professional; and three years experience in management/supervision of a hospice agency.
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing.
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Hospice of Seattle is a not-for-profit, community-based hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout King County in Washington state. We provide comprehensive and compassionate physical, emotional, and spiritual care to adults and children nearing the end of their lives, including support for their families and friends. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, chaplains, occupational/physical therapists, medical directors, grief support counselors and volunteers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 144584