Providence is calling a per diem, day shift Licensed Vocational Nurse - Hospice at Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Torrance, CA.
This position requires working weekend rotations.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for providing direct patient/family care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Responsibilities include following the Plan of Care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient/family care outcomes.
- May provide care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
- Implement and maintain established department, unit, administrative, and clinical policies/procedures for patient care, safety, and infection control.
- Conduct initial and ongoing patient assessment with attention to each patient's physical, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Collaborate and communicate with other personnel to maintain good employee relations, meet interdepartmental objectives, and optimize patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program.
- Currently licensed as an LPN / LVN in the state of California.
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum 1-year LVN experience.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- Understand hospice philosophy and concept and also understands the needs of the terminally ill.
- Demonstrate flexibility in scheduling, including weekend rotations.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state and/or LCMHS / TrinityCare Hospice requirements.
- Experience in hospice or home care preferred
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with
professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and CHAP (Community Health Accreditation Program) accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County. As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Req ID: 151575