If you are an experienced health care professional who wants to make a difference, then consider joining Duke Home Care & Hospice (DHCH). We are looking for passionate people and experienced professionals to make a difference in the lives of our home health, home infusion and hospice patients and their loved ones. We have many home care career opportunities including RN’s, CNA’s, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants located right in your area.
As part of the Duke Health system, DHCH is a growing home care provider offering a variety of opportunities that may match your interest, work schedule needs and location. We are recognized by many organizations as one of the best place to work and offer competitive pay and a robust benefits package to support our employees and their families.
We are based in Durham, North Carolina, in an area known as the Research Triangle, which is ranked nationally as one of the best places to live. We are committed to providing exceptional care to patients in 9 centrally located counties in central North Carolina: Alamance, Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Orange, Person, Vance and Wake.
OCCUPATIONAL SUMMARY: Performs professional nursing care for patients in a home health, hospice or infusion care setting according to nursing practices, agency policies and regulations.
WORK PERFORMED: Listed below are some of the major job functions for this career opportunity. Other requirements will be based on level as stipulated by the DUHS Clinical Ladder Program.
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with the NC nurse practice act, physician orders and established policies and procedures. Uses professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient’s baseline needs and response to care.
- Utilize comprehensive assessment skills to plan priorities and to set realistic outcomes; collaborate with healthcare team in the evaluation and cost effectiveness of patient care.
- Assess educational needs of patients/families concerning alterations in health, the disease process, and plan of care.
- Integrates nursing research findings into practice and performance improvements activities.
- Assesses the severity of patient symptoms, communicates to the physician and records significant findings, intervenes as appropriate.